COMMUNITY FORUM

WHMCS teams up with cPanel

Discussion in 'WHMCS Discussion' started by Kyle Cannon, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Kyle Cannon

Kyle Cannon Member

As some of you might know, WHMCS and cPanel have recently teamed up. These two giants are a great team since they go hand in hand. Recently WHMCS posted a blog post about them enhancing their support with help from cPanel, this is one of the many great things I expect to see from the partnership. What do you guys think of it, do you think this isa good or bad move for the companies?

You can read more on the partnership here.

2. Turtle

Turtle New Member

i think its a good thing i love both companies and them being partnered sounds great.

3. Xponder

Xponder New Member

This is true I think a lot of good things could come out of them working together.

4. Kyle Cannon

Kyle Cannon Member

Yeah, i'm looking forward to see what they release together.

5. Daniel

Daniel Administrator

I think this is great. WHMCS will have full access to all of cPanel's resources which will enable them to offer much more features and functionality.

- Daniel :)

6. Kyle Cannon

Kyle Cannon Member

Do you think maybe we'll see WHMCS having a cPanel app so clients can open tickets and pay invoices via cPanel?

7. Ashley.S.

Ashley.S. New Member

I honestly think this is a great thing as it will hopefully mean more features linked to cPanel get put into WHMCS and will save everyone a lot of time & money :cool:

8. dotslash

dotslash New Member

Hi,

I believe it can be good and bad for both companies, more leaning towards WHMCS then cPanel.

Good:
    Because I know cPanel is very large, and has a lot of connections, resources, and partnerships that can allow its new partnership with WHMCS to grow more, and expand into different ways and options that it wouldn't be able to do without a partnership directly with cPanel.

I also believe cPanel will work with WHMCS by adding some cPanel-to-WHMCS & WHMCS-to-cPanel options and features included in both.

Bad:
    I believe it's bad because I believe this partnership will later-up end in making WHMCS into a cPanel-product later on, and changing the current style and system into a "cPanel add-on", instead of it just being a stand-alone product that has a option to maybe link or have apps to link the two, but as cPanel has done with previous businesses they partnered with, they would buy-it out right or work some kind of agreement and then it changes into more of a "cPanel Add-on", to where cPanel will be managing the systems, you understand what I mean?

I don't see this happening soon, but I do. I personally love WHMCS and believe it's a excellent system and the best out of there, and as I see great things coming with the link because cPanel is one of the best, and so is WHMCS, but for some reason I see that cPanel would take-over WHMCS and it would change the heart-of WHMCS to what it currently is, to look more exactly like cPanel and change-over to some how it's linked-together and become a cPanel Company and Product which I wouldn't want to see because WHMCS team is excellent at what they do and provide a great service and cPanel is a different type of service and I do not believe they would do well with there say in the development chair of WHMCS.

Maybe I'm wrong, but they've done it 4 times sense I've been in the hosting business :) So, Who knows?

-Chris

Ashley.S. likes this.
  9. Kyle Cannon

Kyle Cannon Member

To be 100% honest, i've also thought of this. I honestly can see it happening since all of the problems WHMCS has had this past year. Right now I haven't really seen anything come out of the partnership which is kind of weird, hopefully they release some things by the end of 2012.

10. Daniel

Daniel Administrator

I am sure something is underway :).

11. Daniel

Daniel Administrator

Also another thing I forgot to mention is once cPanels staff starts using WHMCS desk maybe we will get faster support. Currently it takes a minimum of 2 days to get a reply.

dotslash likes this.
  12. dotslash

dotslash New Member

Only two? I waited 6 last week.

13. Daniel

Daniel Administrator

We have noticed that WHMCS replies have definitely gotten better.

14. Ashley.S.

Ashley.S. New Member

That it has @Daniel, also I've noticed if something hasn't been answered, then all you need to do is PM WHMCS Chris on their forums and he'll get it looked into :cool: